Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 22 - Happy Birthday Mollie, great exchanges, great Zone Conf, great packages

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLIE!! Wow that picture you sent hit me hard. I sent Mollie a letter on Saturday so tell her to expect it, and give her a kiss and a hug for me!

This week was full of dropped appointments which for missionaries turns into walking, talking, and knocking. We found multiple people who want to learn more about the church! This week we had exchanges in Chariton, which was so amazing! Elder Brown and I got to serve with each other for a day, and we had an awesome time! We taught a couple people in Chariton and then at the end of the night we went to a choir concert with the Milligan family! They are a very great family, and are very interested in the gospel. 

After exchanges in Chariton we went up to Des Moines for a Zone Conference where we got trained by President and Sister Jensen and also the assistants to the president. That was one of the most powerful meetings I have ever been in. After Zone Conference we had exchanges here in Osceola with Centerville, which was also a blast! On Tuesday I received packages from Brother and Sister Wakeham, the O'Leary family, the Wehenkels and also my Aunt Danna! I've also received packages from my grandma Roberts.  Those packages made a big difference in my week!! Thank you so much for thinking about me!!! Other than those exciting things there wasn't anything else that interesting. Just another cold week in Osceola, Iowa.

Love
Elder Roberts

This is the picture mom sent of me holding Mollie the day she was born (RJ was 7):

This is my zone (The Oskaloosa Zone).  Every one of them is so awesome!

The Osceola District:



We barricaded the bathroom door when Elder Blauer was taking a shower one morning:

I decorated a box for Elder Blauer for Christmas.  He only has four months left on his mission so I decided to make him a "trunky" box:


This is me in my normal get up when it hits the 1-9 degree range:


No comments:

Post a Comment