Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 21 - I'm not trying to scare you, mom....

This week has been full of adventures~! It was really cold and we did a TON of service. By the time I am done with my mission I am going to be a pro at shoveling snow for people! We also had a great lesson with Randi, Mark and Cindy, and we have been getting in contact with a lot of part member families who are super awesome!! We are still helping out cross ministry a lot, and this week we are going to see if the animal shelter or any other local places might need help. 

On Sunday 3 people in our ward got in car accidents. I am not trying to scare you mom. But in Osceola they had not salted or put brim down so underneath the 4 to 5 inches of snow there was a layer of ice. While driving home from church we were about to pull into the street to head to our apt. when I saw a van on the side of the road - the whole front of the car was gone, then we saw the family standing out of the car, and it was on of the families from our ward. They went sliding down a hill and their tires didn't grip the cement so they went into the street and clipped the back wheels of a semi. We parked our car when we saw the accident and helped the family with their kids and getting everything out of the van. Everyone was perfectly fine which in and of itself is a miracle! That was by far the most intense thing I have seen on my mission. But don't worry, that won't happen to us, we are professionals.

Love you all
Elder Roberts

Mom sent me the recipe for my favorite meal from home (chicken divan) so I could make it here:

Eating my masterpiece:

The door pose:

No comments:

Post a Comment