Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 79 - Hectic and full of surprises!

This week was hectic and full of surprises! I am so grateful for my mission and how the Lord has taught me to love change.

I got transferred again, and am back to arguably one of the best areas in the mission!
But before I talk about how much I love Iowa City I'll give a re-cap of my week:

Monday- got transfer calls :(

Tuesday- Walked and knocked most of the day trying to find those people prepared for the most important message they will ever hear.

Wednesday- Was P-day, I packed up pretty quickly; I am a pro by now, and said good-bye to those I have grown to love in Muscatine.

Thursday- We went to transfer meeting in IA City and I found out that I would be returning back to IC and be getting my 10th companion, Elder Hunter!

Friday- We had district meeting and got to know the district! Once again I am incredibly blessed to serve amazing elders and sisters!! In the district there are 4 sets of missionaries that cover 2 wards, the 2nd and the 4th ward.

Saturday- We taught a man whose name is A who now has a baptismal date for Feb 14th, and we also went up to Cedar Rapids to teach Margarita.  M is SOOOOO prepared.  We taught her about the Word of Wisdom with a member family and a recently returned missionary and the spirit was so powerful! She has a baptismal date as well for Feb 28th. 

Sunday- Was crazy since we cover the Iowa City 4th ward and the Cedar Rapid 2nd ward, we had to translate sacrament meeting in the 4th ward and then drive up to Cedar Rapids there and translate there for 3 hours! But it is always better to be super busy!

All and all I am so happy to be back in IA city and am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for Elder Hunter and I as a companionship and also what he has in store for the IA city district! 

I know the Lord places us where he needs us and where His children need us as well!

Love
Elder Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment