Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week 5 - Missing home, but doing great

This week flew by, 1 more week and I’m in the USA!! On Thursday we finished all of our language lessons which is equivalent to 6 years of espanol.  Now we are just reviewing everything this week, then going into the FIELD!!!

The teachers are starting to open up and tell personal stories and testimonies, they are the most amazing teachers!! We now have 5 investigators and on Friday we are going to have in field orientation. 

The temple today was so amazing, I understood everything and it was all in espanol. Companions are a very interesting to have with you for 24 hours 7 days a week, especially if you get ticked at each other, but we always work it out.

Sunday I fasted again, it is so amazing how it strengthens you, I love Sundays so much!  Some days are rough when I can’t get home out of my head but I just have a prayer in my heart for you guys all the time. We have the opportunity to be investigators for the younger groups here and have them teach us, it is a crazy cool experience, it gives you the perspective of an investigator.

Please send me stuff I love from home that I haven’t had in Mexico, anything! I survived this long I can make it till Wednesday of next week.

Hermano Draper could tell something was affecting me this week and I told him I was pretty homesick and he said he got homesick sometimes on his mission and he shared this scripture with me D&C 31: 2-3 it helped me a lot. Just wanted to share it with everyone:

2 Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your family, yea, your little ones; and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church.

3 Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Mom, you have no idea how much I miss you. Everyday it’s weird to not have someone who loves you so much she would do absolutely anything for you.

Dad, I miss having someone who will support me in anything I choose to do and always want to talk about anything.

Grace, you keep saying I am example to you. You have always been my example, you would be a much better missionary than me.

Annie, I miss someone who no matter what laughs at my jokes.

Mollie, I miss your laugh and your funny faces.

Sophie I miss how crazy you are and how you always have fun.

Love,
Elder Roberts

Studying for a talk:



Pics of the city on the way to the temple:

Our "one month out" party:

Me and Elder Marstaller in front of the temple:

Our district in front of the temple (every district has two sister missionaries):

No comments:

Post a Comment