Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 33 - An amazing trip to Nauvoo

My whole week was great.  On Tuesday we had zone conference up in Des Moines from 9am to 4pm which was super powerful and really rebuked us in a good way.  Those meetings always help you realize how much more you can be doing. 

Then on Wednesday we were on exchanges with the Chariton elders.  On Thursday we went on exchanges in Lenox with the Lenox elders.  Friday we had weekly planning and visited a couple people.  

On Saturday we went to Nauvoo and I had one of the most powerful experiences on my mission so far, Danny & Amber were endowed & sealed for time & all eternity. I woke up at 5:30am to get ready and we didn't get back until  9:40 pm.  It was a super long day.  The sealing was fantastic.  I don't think I will ever forget that experience.

Church was canceled yesterday because the weather was ridiculous, -2,  -16 with the windchill. Our mission has been closed to tracting 3 out of 7 days this past week.

I have learned SO much on my mission so far.  I think one of the biggest things I have learned is that no matter what you can always pray! I have also learned that the Holy Ghost will never fail you. I have learned so much about the gospel and how it blesses those who are open to it and follow it.

Love,
Elder Roberts

Waiting outside the Nauvoo temple - it was VERY cold outside:


Statue of Joseph & Hyrum Smith outside the temple:





Over the front door of the temple:

The Nauvoo temple:

Danny & Amber and the missionaries outside the temple:

Elder J and Sister B at Carl's after the temple:


Bishop and Sister B:

Cleaning out the car:

The Des Moines East, Des Moines West, Oskaloosa, Ames, Ankeny and Fort Dodge Missionaries:

1 comment:

  1. That temple is absolutely gorgeous. I was there for the Open House many years ago. That is so cool that you were able to go with them and witness their sealing. You are an awesome missionary. Thanks for the letter care package will be coming soon. Love, The Dangl's

    ReplyDelete