Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 17 - The weather is "terrifyingly awesome"

So this week we had a week full of service and strengthening the members in our ward, this week we didn't see any success with finding new investigators, but that's alright we know they are out there. We also went on exchanges in Knoxville because Elder Blauer and Elder Graham had to go to a leadership meeting in Iowa City. Elder Underwood and I stayed in Knoxville the whole day and worked. We got home from Knoxville at 10:20 and we were both exhausted, I tossed my bag next to my bed and just feel asleep. Then the next day it was back to work. We haven't been seeing much success and have sort of hit a road block but this week we are trying everything and going to try and truck on through. 

My favorite thing to cook is probably fried rice and omelets. Other than that our meals are pretty simple.  We got fed 4 times this week by members!!!!! It's pretty easy to budget for me. "S" is doing great, we are having a lesson with him tonight on Faith and making sure we are still on track for his baptism.  I don't have a hat or scarf.  It's supposed to be a high of 33 tomorrow and a low of 15. The weather here is terrifyingly awesome.  I don't miss that much food from home, except your cooking which can't travel in a package. But I would LOVE recipes from home. 

I love this mission and I love the Lord.  Here are some pictures of Iowa, I have more that I will send you next week but we have to get off because our hour is almost up, and we have to be obedient.

-Elder Roberts






No comments:

Post a Comment