Saturday, March 7, 2015

Week 85 - Des Moines...Rama Quinta!!!!

Wow wow wow!!!

So right now I am sitting in a Des Moines Public library writing to my mom as she sits here in my territory!! Words can't explain how weird I feel because she's just a couple of minutes away but in reality she is still months away. Mom, it isn't cold here, it's a  beautiful day, you are just spoiled!!  

As the transfers tear by me, missionaries continue to say that I am old in the mission! It kills me, It kills me to think I won't be here. I love my mission so much!!!!

I love Des Moines a ton.  I am serving in a Spanish branch here; Rama Quinta!!  My new companion is Elder Petersen, we have seen a lot of success already in the past 3 days and are so pumped for what lies ahead!

This past couple days in Des Moines have been SO amazing! The branch here is so spectacular!! Elder Petersen and I have only been together a full 3 days, and we have already witnessed many miracles! The Des Moines East Zone is incredible!!! Heavenly Father has put his elect here and the work is so exciting! 

With the past transfer being as crazy as it was, I was looking for to stability, little did I know Heavenly Father doesn't have that in mind for me! These past couple of days I have been just absorbing all I can, and trying to get to know the missionaries and the situations of the people they are teaching. I have had multiple nights of tossing and turning just thinking about the work here!! This might be the most excited I have been on my mission so far. Which is saying a lot!! The field is white and already to harvest, and now it is time to thrust with all of our might.

I continue to ponder deeply how important this work is! There is one way, ONLY one way Heavenly Father's children can return back to him and that is through the message we are privileged to share!! The authority we hold as His servants is real. He wants everyone of his children back, and because of this it is our duty to open our mouths and preach the Gospel.

Con amor,
Elder Roberts

The H. family from Iowa City:


Iowa City District - Before transfer meeting:




With the Whitlows at transfer meeting:


Singing the mission song:




No comments:

Post a Comment