Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 75 - Remember What CHRISTmas is All About

Wow this week has been amazing!! 

I am always so surprised of the countless blessings Heavenly Father blesses us with, as we serve him with everything!

Everyday this week was about 30 degrees which isn't too bad. We walked many miles and taught and met many prepared children of our Father in Heaven.

The Muscatine district is so fantastic!! We are all motivated to bring those prepared souls unto Christ. This is a very amazing season where the wheat and the tares are separated. In the Muscatine district there are many individuals moving and progressing towards baptism! 

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Dryden, an Elder in the district who just came out a few weeks ago. What an awesome experience it was for me to see the fire he has. We were able to invite one of their investigators to be baptized on February 7th after teaching him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Dryden was so excited and happy. As I have served for a while now, I have to remind myself why we invite people to baptized and not just make it a routine! It truly is everything to invite but there is a deeper purpose in inviting people. It is literally the only way the can return to the presences of their Father!!

During this time of year I have taken the opportunity to study The Living Christ during my personal study and have memorized it. I have had many powerful experiences while studying it, where principles of the Atonement really clicked. I have been brought to tears as I have understood more of what He has done for all of us.

Remember what Christmas is all about!

Love,
Elder Roberts

favorite scripture as of today
Nehemiah 6:3-4
3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?
4 Yet they sent unto me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner.

p.s. Family, President Jensen has told us that we can Skype for 40 minutes on Christmas. Just a heads up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment