Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 66 - Iowa City!

Monday – Monday night we got transfer calls and we found out I would be getting transferred.  I was pretty surprised.  We were at Jaime’s Laundromat when we got the call. I only spent one short transfer with Elder Gregor, he was great.

Tuesday – I said goodbye to people.

Wednesday – I packed up and we had pday and I finished saying goodbye to people.

Thursday – We had transfer meeting so we drove all the way to Iowa City, and there I stayed!  We taught a couple of people.  We met the R family.  We met JC.  I met R.

Friday – We had weekly planning and our first district meeting, that was really good.  We had FHE which we do here, which is fun.  We taught the lesson.

Saturday – We helped Francis with insulation.  I climbed up into a small area full of insulation and had to crawl across.  Then we had 30 minutes to get to our apartment and clean up and get to the baptism where we would be teaching the restoration.  

Sunday – We had an amazing church service.  The ward here is awesome, they really understand missionary work.  We had a lesson with a man named A and went over the restoration and invited him to be baptized on December 13 and he accepted that.  We also taught the V family.  That was one of my first lessons in English, we pretty only teach Spanish-speaking people here.  We met the H family and they are really cool, they are from El Salvador.  We have a lot of potential here in Iowa City and we are super excited.  

And my new companion is Elder Jackson, we get to serve together once again!

Saying goodbye in Perry:


 One of my favorite people, Jaime:




All packed up to head out:


Driving to transfer meeting:



Elder J at his desk in our apartment.  Our apartment is really nice, we even have a weight set!



Together again:



No comments:

Post a Comment