Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 96 - Finishing up in Des Moines!!!

This week I feel many different emotions and feelings, but the one that I feel the strongest is an absolute excitement to do the Lord's work! Many missionaries might dread when they hit their one transfer left mark. They might want to pull a mission emergency break to slow things down or they might feel the time goes by really slow. I am excited to put my shoulder to the wheel and push as hard as a can until it is over!! I know the Lord has so much in store for me and my new companion!

My new companion!!! YES... Elder Petersen and I have served together for 2 transfers and have seen SO many miracles. This morning we got a call from President that he will be getting transferred and that I will be getting a new companion. We will be going to Iowa City on Thursday for transfer meeting.

This week the highlights were:

Monday: We met a woman whose name is G. She is a very humble woman. We taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel and she said a very sincere, and beautiful prayer at the end of the lesson.

Tuesday: Was a day full of teaching!! Those are always the best days :)

Wednesday: I almost got squashed while Elder Petersen and I where helping O (a Hispanic man) move his HUGE refrigerator! We also taught L for the first time. She is a single mom with 2 cute little girls!

Sunday: We taught C who is preparing to be baptized on June 6th. We helped her resolve some concerns she had and taught her about the Plan of Salvation and what a blessing it is to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation in our lives.

We are so blessed as the Lord's servants to be serving in the 5th branch here in Des Moines. The members are so incredible and loving.

This week strive to see God's hand in your life!
He lives, He loves you, and wants the best for you
Love,
Elder Roberts


At the Sanabria's:



We got spotted at Panera by a member there on business and she sent this pic to my mom:


Easter Lake District:



Des Moines District:


No comments:

Post a Comment